How to Resize a Video on Windows 10?
If you’re looking for an easy way to resize a video on Windows 10, then you’ve come to the right place. Resizing videos can be tricky, so it’s important to have the right tools and know-how. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps to resize your video on Windows 10 with ease. With the help of this tutorial, you’ll be able to customize the size of your video in no time. So, let’s get started!
- Open the video you want to resize in Microsoft Photos.
- Click the Create button in the top right corner.
- Select Resize.
- Choose one of the predefined sizes or enter custom values in the fields.
- Click Create.
Your resized video is now saved and ready to share.
How to Resize a Video in Windows 10
Resizing a video can be a tricky task, but luckily there are plenty of tools available to help you get the job done quickly and easily. Windows 10 has a built-in video editor that can be used to resize videos, as well as a number of third-party video editing software solutions. In this article, we’ll go over the steps required to resize a video on Windows 10.
Using the Windows 10 Video Editor
The Windows 10 Video Editor is a powerful video editing application that can be used to quickly and easily resize your videos. To use the Video Editor:
1. Open the Windows 10 Video Editor by pressing the Windows key or clicking the Windows start button.
2. Select “Video Editor” from the list of applications.
3. Import the video you want to resize into the Video Editor by clicking on “Import”.
4. Once your video is imported, click on the “Effects” tab and select “Resize”.
5. A new window will appear with a variety of options for resizing the video. Select your desired size and click “OK”.
6. Save your resized video by clicking “Save”.
Using Third-Party Video Editing Software
There are a number of third-party video editing software solutions available for Windows 10. These programs offer a more robust set of features than the Windows 10 Video Editor, and some even offer features specifically designed to help with resizing videos. To use third-party software to resize a video:
1. Download and install the video editing software of your choice.
2. Open the software and import the video you want to resize.
3. Select the “Resize” option from the list of available tools.
4. Adjust the settings to the desired size and click “OK”.
5. Save your resized video.
Using Online Video Resizing Tools
If you don’t have access to a video editing program, you can use an online video resizing tool. These tools are typically free and easy to use. To use an online video resizing tool:
1. Open your web browser and search for “online video resizing tools”.
2. Select a tool from the list of results and open the website.
3. Upload the video you want to resize.
4. Select the desired size and click “Resize Video”.
5. Download the resized video.
Using a Command Line Tool
If you’re comfortable working with command line tools, you can use the FFmpeg command line tool to resize a video. To use FFmpeg:
1. Download and install FFmpeg from the official website.
2. Open a command prompt window and navigate to the folder containing the video you want to resize.
3. Enter the following command to resize the video:
ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -vf scale=320:240 output.mp4
4. Replace “input.mp4” with the name of the video you want to resize, and “320:240” with the desired size.
5. The resized video will be saved as “output.mp4”.
Using Video Converter Software
Video converter software is another option for resizing videos. This type of software is designed to convert videos from one format to another, and many of these programs also include options for resizing videos. To use a video converter:
1. Download and install a video converter program.
2. Open the program and select the video you want to resize.
3. Select the desired size and click “Convert”.
4. The resized video will be saved in the same location as the original video.
Top 6 Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I Resize a Video on Windows 10?
To resize a video on Windows 10, you will need to use an editing software to resize the video. There are several free and paid software options available, such as Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Wondershare Filmora. Once you have the video file open in the software, you will be able to access the video resizing options. Depending on the software you are using, the resizing options may be located in the editing window, in the Properties menu, or in a Video Effects tab. Once you have located the resizing options, you can adjust the video width, height, and overall size of the video.
2. What is the Best Video Resizing Software for Windows 10?
The best video resizing software for Windows 10 will depend on your needs and preferences. If you are looking for a free software option, Windows Movie Maker is a great choice. It is easy to use and has all the basic editing features you need to resize a video. If you are looking for a more powerful and feature-filled software, Adobe Premiere Pro and Wondershare Filmora are great paid options. Both of these software packages have advanced video editing capabilities and provide more control over the resizing options.
3. What is the Maximum Resolution I Can Resize a Video To on Windows 10?
The maximum resolution you can resize a video to on Windows 10 depends on the software you are using. Generally speaking, most video editing software will allow you to resize the video up to 4K resolution (3840 x 2160). However, some software may have lower maximum resolution limits. It is important to check the software specifications before resizing the video to ensure you are able to resize the video to the desired resolution.
4. How Do I Resize a Video File Without Changing the Aspect Ratio?
If you want to resize a video file without changing the aspect ratio, you will need to use a video editing software with a “lock aspect ratio” feature. This feature will allow you to adjust the size of the video without altering the aspect ratio of the video. Most video editing software packages, including Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Wondershare Filmora, have this feature. To use the “lock aspect ratio” feature, you will need to check the “lock aspect ratio” checkbox before resizing the video.
5. How Do I Resize a Video on Windows 10 for YouTube?
If you are looking to resize a video on Windows 10 for YouTube, you will need to use a video editing software to resize the video. YouTube recommends that videos have a width of 1280 pixels and a height of 720 pixels, with an aspect ratio of 16:9. To resize the video to meet these requirements, you can use a video editing software such as Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premiere Pro, or Wondershare Filmora. Once you have the video open in the software, you can access the video resizing options and adjust the width, height, and overall size of the video accordingly.
6. How Do I Resize a Video File on Windows 10 Without Losing Quality?
When resizing a video file on Windows 10, it is important to ensure that the video quality is not affected. To do this, you should use a video editing software with “lossless” resizing options. Lossless resizing ensures that no quality is lost when resizing the video. Most video editing software packages, such as Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Wondershare Filmora, have “lossless” resizing options. To use this feature, you will need to select the “lossless” option before resizing the video. This will help ensure that the video quality is not affected when resizing the video.
how to resize video on windows 10 – (3GB to 175MB)
Resizing videos can be a great way to save space on your computer, or to prepare a video for a specific use. In Windows 10, the process is easy and straightforward, making it easy to get the desired video size without having to use a third-party program. With a few simple steps, you can quickly and easily resize your videos to the perfect size. So, don’t hesitate – get resizing and enjoy the convenience of having the perfect video size for all your needs!